Possible Tax Fraud
If you suspect you may be a victim of tax fraud, call the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit at 1-800-908-4490 , extension 245, and talk with an IRS Agent
Archbishop Sample's Letter
Frequently Asked Questions
Steps to take
Archbishop's Catholic Appeal 2014
Ministry Signup Form
- · We welcome our new High School Ministry Coordinator, Ashley Ludwig. Many of you may recognize Ashley, she has been a volunteer for the past two years. Ashley has grown up here at St. Francis and is excited for this opportunity to share her faith.
- · The Annual Knights of Columbus Garage Sale is Friday & Saturday, September 5 & 6 at the Albertson’s parking lot. Please contact Rob Watson at 503-476-6206 to arrange for donated items to be dropped off or picked up. Please no clothing as we do not sell clothing at the garage sale.
- · It's that time again to be thinking about sharing your extra marionberries, blackberries, blueberries, peaches and apples. When you are freezing or canning, please remember to put pie sized portions away for the "Holy Rollers". Just freeze the fruit; it is not necessary to make pie filling. Keep the fruit in your freezer until asked to bring the fruit in for pie making in early November.
- · How is your flower garden growing? If you have flowers in your garden, preferably long stemmed flowers, and would be willing to share them for the altar bouquets, please let us know, so we won't have to purchase flowers. Flowers should be delivered on Friday mornings by 9:00 am to the church. Thanks for sharing God's beauties with us!
- · Make sure to visit the Parish Website; stfrancissherwood.org! You can find up to date information on programs and events that are going on in our Parish, as well as the surrounding areas. Interested in finding more information on a ministry? Look for the ministry’s webpage and see what is going on.
- · New Titles Are Here!!! Inspirational Catholic CDs and Brochures like From Love, By Love, For Love. Father Michael Schmitz tackles some of the most difficult topics in the Church today. With compassion, clarity, and humor, he shows that the Church's teachings on contraception and same-sex attraction are rooted in the yearnings for authentic love that is shared by all, who are made in the image and likeness of God. Reader Comments: Humor and inspired teaching make this one of the best talks for Catholics I have ever heard! Brad - Faribault, MN; An excellent and vital message for young people today, given in their own language. Lorraine - Vancouver, BC
- · The Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows are hosting their annual Family Barbecue on Sunday, August 3 from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Come for an old-fashioned backyard BBQ, entertainment and sweepstakes drawing.
- · Connect with your spouse this summer and learn more about God’s desire for your marriage: a lifetime filled with Sacramental love and joy. Our Lady of Peace Retreat center in Beaverton, Oregon will host a Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekend on August 22 - 24. Apply now on-line at www.rediscoverthespark.org or call (503) 853-2758.
- · “Grief to Grace” Retreats are for anyone who has suffered sexual abuse or other forms of traumatic violation in childhood, adolescence, or as an adult. The retreat is a four day journey with other survivors of abuse and trauma through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus. This journey includes scripture readings, meditations and interactive exercises that allow participants to experience Jesus in a deep and personal way. There is time for journaling, prayer and personal discussion. The number of participants is limited to 16. The next retreat in Oregon will be on September 17-22 at Our Lady of Peace retreat house in Beaverton. For more information, go to grieftograceoregon.org, contact by email at email@example.com or call Patsy at 541-357-7501.
- · Help the Grotto celebrate its 90th Anniversary! Please join us for a dinner and auction on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at Multnomah Athletic Club in Portland. For more information or to order tickets, go to thegrotto.org or call 503-254-7371.
- · Resurrection Catholic Preschool is seeking a part-time preschool teacher for their morning program. Candidates must have a CDA certificate, degree in Early Childhood Education and/or Elementary teaching license. Send resume and cover letter to Tresa Rast at firstname.lastname@example.org.